On Air Now

Off Air

1:00am - Midnight

Why A Napkin In Your Car Door Handle Can Signal Danger

There are a lot of crazy people in the world. I mean, we're all a little crazy, but there's a difference between a fun crazy and actual crazy out to try and hurt people crazy, and that's a big difference, and in this case, it's just one more thing that we all have to be aware of and extremely cognizant.

There is a new disturbing trend sweeping the nation, and that trend is a napkin shoved inside your car door handle. Seems pretty harmless and simple, right, but sadly, that's pretty far from the truth.

Not too long ago, a woman down in Texas returned to the car with her husband to find a napkin shoved in the door handle, she didn't think a whole lot about it and just grabbed it, tossed it away and went on with her business.

 

According to Fox 26 in Houston, the woman told them in an interview:

"I didn't think nothing of it, I just threw it out," says Mims. "I opened the door with the tips of my fingers. I asked my husband, did you put a napkin in the door? And he said no."

"Maybe five minutes, my whole arm started tingling and feeling numb. I couldn't breathe," says Mims. "I started getting hot flashes, my chest was hurting, my heart was beating really fast."


Due to the small amount of traces that were found in her body, doctors were unable to say exactly what poisoned her but that she was definitely poisoned.

So while there haven't been any confirmed cases in Washington, this is definitely something to keep in mind and watch out for.